Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Baby Chip & the Amnio

Written by Baby Chip

     Today started like any other morning. I saw the faint glimmer of sunlight streak into my pool of warm, safe water.
    Then I heard the car starting and Mama taking me up an elevator. Soon, I was in a room filled with voices. Someone Mama called "the Doctor" kept talking.
    All of a sudden, a shiny, pokey object invaded my pristine pool. The needle sucked my water up. Lots of it! I was not happy. Then, as quickly as it had come, it left.

The dips in the bloodflow are lower than they should be,
but, unlike last week, fewer interruptions in bloodflow, praise God!

        A little while later, I heard Joe-Joe and Nana's voices and they were all talking about how I looked up on the big TV screen and my little feet, which the doctors still think are clubbed, and my little heart.

        Joe-Joe started talking to my Mama and saying the picture of me was fuzzy. I'm not so sure about this Joe-Joe. He seems to have not grasped the simple fact that the world revolves around me. I mean, isn't it obvious?
         Late at night, I hear Joe-Joe asking Mama, "Can I stay up and snuggle, please?"
         Mama tells him, "No, Joe-Joe, you have to go to bed."
         Do you ever see Mama making me go to bed? No, sirree. I snuggle with Mama all day and get to sleep in her bed.
          Sometimes, Joe-Joe kicks Mama, or shoves a pokey elbow into her ribs when he's trying to snuggle. Mama tells him, "Ouch, no, Joe-Joe. Stop that."
          Do you ever see Mama telling me to stop kicking? Didn't think so. I'm clearly Mama's favorite. Joe-Joe just hasn't learned that yet.

           Nana, though, she seems a lot more malleable than this Joe-Joe character. I think I can swiftly wrap her around my finger.

           After that, I heard Mama asking the doctor person about bloodflow and am I small because I'm not getting enough of it?
          The doctor said she thinks I'm small because my chrom-o-somes aren't right and that's what they're testing in the amnio.
         Mama kept asking, but couldn't it just be the bloodflow, and thus lack of nourishment that is making my arms and legs short?

        What? Am I being given second-rate accommodations in here? I demand better food. Maybe I should write a petition. Then again, I don't actually have any friends to sign my petition . . .
          Troublesome issues. Guess I'll just go back to swimming.
          But I'm telling you what, if I had that shiny, pokey thing they stuck into my sacred pool and I used it to poke other people, I bet they'd start listening to me more.

~Baby Chip



On a medical note: In two weeks we find out about Baby Chip's genetics through the amnio. Praying for a clean bill of health and that Baby Chip keeps growing.

12 comments:

  1. Praying for the same, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We serve a God who answers prayer.

      Delete
  2. Praying for him and you and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all of you. I know the waiting is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I'll keep praying that God's hand is on baby Chip - that he will be completely healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your precious Baby Chip

    ReplyDelete