Follow by Email

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Transport Yourself to Ancient Rome with a 4 Book Contract

The year: 85 A.D. under Emperor Domitian. The place: the far outskirts of the Roman Empire in the barbaric province of Britannia. The story, well you can soon read it yourself, because I just got a book contract!



A four book contract to be exact, which follows one Roman patrician family across the span of three decades. I started the first book, For Life or Until, almost six years ago now. So I can't tell you how excited I am to finally see it in print.

If you like danger, adventure, love stories that don't work out so well--at least at first, a rich historical backdrop, and the clash of stubborn soul against stubborn soul, then this is the series for you.

I am still searching for a handful of beta readers to read a completed manuscript after it has been critiqued and revised and give me their reader's reactions. Interested? Here's the criteria. I would love to have your help.

1. part of my target audience i.e. female
2. decently well-read in the women's fiction/romance genre
3. opinionated, so you can tell me everything you disliked, and I can edit accordingly :)
4. a swift reader
5. not interested in a beta read swap (unfortunately, authors, due to time constraints this year, I can't do a beta read of your book in return.)

Interested in reading this series? Look for the first book to go to print early next year. More information and book blurbs coming soon.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anne, I would love to beta read your book! I fulfill all your qualifications :) I don't need a beta reader so you are safe there, but I'd love to trade prayers - for each other and for the outreach of our books!

      Delete
    2. Honored you asked, Delores! BTW what level of thematic elements/sensuality are your comfortable with? This is Ancient Rome, which of course, got pretty crazy at time. Let me know either way, won't be offended.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I'm interested in being a beta reader, if you still have positions available. Let me know how to apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honored you asked! And FYI Ancient Rome was not known for it's Victorian morals and so the book's much more Francine Rivers than Janette Oke in it's thematic elements and sensuality. Is that ok/the kind of thing you like?
      If so, could I get your email address? Or email me apgarboczi @ gmail.com

      Delete
  3. How fast is fast? And how familiar is familiar? I'm definitely interested in being a beta reader. I was reading Janette Oke before I was 10, and some Francine Rivers, Roberta Kells Dorr, and lots of Theone after that. But I haven't touched anything in the women's fiction/romance genre in years. Unless you count The Help. If you give me a deadline I will get it read, but otherwise I don't tend to speed through books. If I can help, I will :-) Plus...I remember reading an excerpt of this and want to see how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honored by your interest in my book! :) As far as speed I'll be getting it to you within a few weeks of my deadline only (still editing now), so if you can turn it around in a week or two that would be awesome. But if you don't get through the entire thing, your comments still will help tremendously (so really no pressure.) If you're still interested, will you PM your email address? No pressure if you decide you're not! Thanks again.
      Also, this is book 2 of the series (but stands alone). Book 1 is already to the publisher and soon will go to the editor, so don't need beta reads on that one. Is that alright?

      Delete
  4. an eclectic reader rather than romance as such, very much interested in the historical aspect/setting. Female, work in progress but a LONG way from needing a beta reader myself, so no issues there. Fast reader. Would be delighted to participate if you still need another. safreivald@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Putting you on the list right now. The book's not quite ready yet, but I'll email.

      Delete