Follow by Email

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Columbine Bride by Davalynn Spencer: Enter to WIN

Davalynn Spencer is another wonderful author who I've had the good fortune to get to know in the last few years. Below is her guest blogpost as well as some information on her new novella, Columbine Bride, that is part of the novella collection, 12 Brides of Summer. You can enter to WIN a free e-copy of the novella collection by commenting below. Deadline 10/7/15
I just read the book blurb so far, and I already know I NEED to buy this book. Read the book blurb for yourself below, and tell me what you think.

Rest for the Weary Soul
by Davlynn Spencer


Feeling overwhelmed is a common malady, regardless of one’s beliefs, occupation, age, or gender. And it’s an idea I explore in my newly released Barbour novella, The Columbine Bride.


Lucy Powell is a weary widow with two small children and a neglected ranch in the Colorado mountains. In her struggle to revive the ranch her husband left behind, she often pleads with God via a familiar scripture to show her “the path of life” (Psalm 18:11).

But Lucy has an aversion to charity that she can’t repay. Neighboring rancher, Buck Reiter, has his own ideas about watching a woman do all the work by herself—and he nearly gets himself shot in the process of lending a hand.

As they work side by side over the summer, Lucy and Buck discover more than they thought they were looking for, which is exactly what happens when we let the Lord show us the path of life.

This story is a continuation of my Christmas novella The Snowbound Bride in which Buck plays a secondary role as the hero’s uncle. Another verse from Psalm 18 offers the first scripture to bookend these two tales:

I have set the Lord always before me;
because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Psalm 16:8

Psalm 16 is my “life Psalm.” Through various journeys, struggles, and challenges, I have found it to be a sustaining promise of the Lord’s provision and guidance. I’m delighted that I could use two important verses from it to reflect that guidance in these two stories.


May I challenge you to read Psalm 16 with an open heart, especially if you are feeling overwhelmed. The Lord is right there ahead of you and beside you, leading you in the path of life if you will let Him.

Buy 12 Brides of Summer:







Twitter: @davalynnspencer





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book to add to my TBR pile. Story's that play of on ranches are some of my favourites.
    Thanks for the giveaway!
    Lientjie

    ReplyDelete