Follow by Email

Friday, April 24, 2015

Ever Wanted to Be in a Research Study?: Autism Related

      Just a few days ago, I was approached with an unique opportunity. A Psy.D. graduate student is doing a research study on autism and needs some adoptive and biological mothers of children with autism to participate.
       I, for one, am fascinated (and concerned) by the drastic rise in autism in recent years and I definitely think research like this is needed. So while I am not the mother of a child with autism (not yet, anyway), I told Ms. Godone-Maresca that I'd ask you, my awesome readers, if any of you were eligible and interested in participating. Please feel free to pass this information on too if you have a friend who might be interested.

Here's Catherine Godone-Maresca's letter to YOU.



Hello, my name is Catherine Godone-Maresca, M.A., and I am a graduate student at Alliant International University. I am conducting my dissertation study on the experiences of adoptive and biological mothers of a child on the autism spectrum. Mothers of children previously diagnosed as having Asperger’s Syndrome are welcome to participate as well. My interest in this topic has been sparked by personal experiences with adopted family members with special needs and also by my recent work with children diagnosed with autism.

The purpose of this study is to increase social and professional understanding and awareness of mothers’ experiences in parenting their child diagnosed on the autism spectrum. If you are or know of a mother of a child diagnosed with autism, please feel free to contact me and also to share this information with others. Participation will take approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, although some participants might need to take more time (up to 3 hours and 30 minutes), to respond to survey questions and speak with me about thoughts and experiences. I am willing to be flexible in arranging participation during a time that works with your schedule. Please contact me if you are interested in taking part in this study and for additional information.

Minimum qualifications for participation include being an adoptive or biological mother of a child between 2 and 6 years of age who has been diagnosed with autism. In appreciation of completed participation in this study, compensation for participants will include a Target $25.00 gift card and entry into an Opportunity Drawing to win an additional Target $100.00 gift card. Your estimated chance of winning is between 1 in 12 to 1 in 20, depending on the total number of participants in the study.

Your participation in this doctoral research project would be greatly appreciated!
For more information, please contact me via phone, at (760) 473-0248 or email at cgm_dissertation@yahoo.com.

Thank you very much,

Catherine Godone-Maresca, M.A.


Want to be the first to know about new posts? Follow Anne at www.facebook.com/annegarboczievans

No comments:

Post a Comment