Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Enter to Win This Suspenseful Crime Series by Rachel Trautmiller

        I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker from crime shows. Castle, Bones, Crossing Jordan, Monk, I've watched them all. So I was thrilled when I read the book description for Rachel Trautmiller's new series. Read more about her books below and enter to WIN.
 
Linked

          Jordan's back to prove one man's innocence. McKenna hasn't forgotten his lengthy absence. Ignoring him AND their marriage vows shouldn't be that hard.
          Even if they're stuck working together...
 
Disconnect

         A conscienceless serial bomber has a game to play. The rules are simple. There are none. Amanda keeps her friends close. And one pesky G-man from stealing the biggest case of her career. And maybe a little more...
 
Buy Books:
 
Enter to WIN by commenting below. Make sure I have your email address by signing up for my newsletter on the right-hand side. (I promise not to spam you. I only send out emails if I have a book release. :) ENDS 3/15/15
 
Learn a little more about the author, Rachel Trautmiller
1.    Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.

      Growing up in Minnesota prepared me for some cold weather. And moving across the U.S. with my husband made me realize I like WARMTH. However, the Midwest has some perks. The first snow is amazing. Theres nothing like waking up to a white, sparkly blanket of it on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, my winter hobbies are nonexistent. Unless you count football. Im a Vikings fan all the way to my toes. I also enjoy writing (I know youre shocked), reading, spending time with my family and friends. And, if I wasnt such a chicken about guns, I might enjoy a career with the FBI.

2.  When and why did you start writing books?
 
       I have always loved writing and reading. A story that sucks me into it, alongside the characters, is my all-time favorite. At age seventeen, I took my first stab at a historical fiction novel. I made it through three chapters before I realized how much research went into writing. During my early twenties I read everything I could get my hands on. And then, one day, reading wasn't enough. A set of characters emerged in my mind. They were  persistent in the need to have their story told. The product is The Bening Files.

3.    What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
    
       It's a dream for me, but it's hard work. I love my characters and I want other people to enjoy them as well.

4. Which one of your books or characters is your favorite?

        Just as picking a favorite child is difficult, it's the same with my books. LINKED and DISCONNECT both hold a special place in my heart, for different reasons. The emotions, in between all the murder and chaos of LINKED, is sweet. Just two hearts reuniting after years of distance and misconception. DISCONNECT is explosive (no pun intended). And the characters have the type of chemistry that leaves you wondering if they will move past the suspense long enough to figure it out.

5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?

          LINKED was hard, simply because it was my first finished product, beginning to end, including edits. My first foray into the publishing world. However, DISCONNECT was difficult, even though I was continuing characters from the first book. I didn't always agree with the decisions made by my hero and heroine. It's hard to see your characters as less than perfect. And, unlike LINKED, I didn't have years to complete it. I learned how to work efficiently without compromising the story. 

6. Who is your favorite author and book?

         That's a hard one. There's so much talent out there. I'm going to go with Karin Slaughter. Her book UNDONE is a masterpiece.

7. What book are you reading right now?

          CATCH ME by Lisa Gardner. Another great author. Next on my reading list is Valerie Comer's SECRETLY YOURS.

8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?

           I write a mix of romantic suspense, mystery and thriller. There's plenty of ugly things in the world to draw from. Our own fears is one place that's a great crockpot for ideas. Once I come up with a basic idea, I "let" my characters do the rest of the work.

9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

           Watching football, spending time with my daughter and husband. In the summer, poolside barbecues with family and friends are a favorite. We're pretty low-key at my house. With a husband in the military, a toddler in the house and a full-time job on top of writing, we take our time together pretty seriously.

10. Do you have any new books in the works?

            You bet. The Bening Files is far from over. Next in the series is AFTERMATH. Healing takes time. Forgives isn't always swift. Not all family hurdles are overcome. And love is an agonizing reminder of loss. Feel free to check it out on my website. www.racheltrautmiller.com

 
Rachel lives in sunny California with her wonderful husband, adorable daughter, two unruly dogs, and a fat cat. She’s worked in the healthcare industry for over fifteen years and has loved the written word far longer. Football is one of her passions (SKOL VIKES!) and she considers August thru February to be a sacred holiday, where football rules all. Spending time with her family, friends, reading and enjoying the outdoors are some her favorite hobbies. In the summer, you can find her by the pool, teaching her daughter to swim and enjoying her husband’s company. Rachel is currently working on books 3 and 4 of The Bening Files, set for release in late 2015 and early 2016.

 

6 comments:

  1. It's funny, I haven't really read many mysteries, but I love to watch them on TV! I'd love to win Rachel's books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a football loving family too! (with the exception of my husband...weird, right?)
    Thanks for MaryLu Tyndall for recommending you. I love a good romantic thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading suspenseful, crime novels! :)

    psalm103and138[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete