Follow by Email

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thank You for 2014!

Dear Followers,

    Two months ago I wrote that I wanted 5,000 presents for Christmas from YOU i.e. 5000 Facebook and Twitter likes. I want to thank you for delivering! Since October 28th when I posted that message, my Facebook following has risen from 647 to 2033 and my Twitter followers went from about 2400 to 4500. Wonderful progress!
      As you know, the goal behind wanting a larger social media following was to secure a traditional book contract. Here's hoping that 2015 brings that goal to fruition. And in honor of the new year, here are my 2015 writing goals.

1. Publish What's a Foster Family?, a picture book about foster care, in May for National Foster Care month. Here's a sneak peek at one of the illustration by international illustrator Helen Cochrane.



2. My current work in progress as I wait to hear back from publishers on my other manuscripts is a book about human sexuality from a Christian counselor's perspective, Sexuality in a Brave New World. I've been told this is too controversial a topic to land a book deal, so I'm planning on self-publishing this book through Amazon while I wait for a traditional contract on other books. My goal is not only to write about an important topic, but also to grow my blog and social media following through having some books on Amazon.

3. I'd really like to release some kind of children's book series related to the primaries and election cycle coming up in 2016. Still fleshing out this idea, but I would love to capitalize on the election mania about to grip our country (not to mention the million of campaign dollars spent.)

4. I started a book about mental health. As a counselor, I have a great platform for this book. I'd really like to finish this book for 2015.

5. And, of course, I'd like to land a traditional publishing contract this year! :)

What are your goals, writing or otherwise, for 2015?
  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have a lot of great things coming your way! I would love to grow my blog readership and Facebook following this year. I will also be starting my master's degree in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting, Crystal! :) What are you getting your master's in?

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! Hope it all goes well for you in this book venture of yours :) Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete