Follow by Email

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Read & Relax: Dawn Crandall Edition

              A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of reading a beautifully written historical romance by another author at my agency. Set in the late 19th century, The Bound Heart is the 2nd book in the Everstone Chronicles.



               The Bound Heart opens at Meredyth’s lowest moment. As the book progresses, we get to see her struggle with her pain from the past and grapple with letting that past determine her future. The hero,  Lawry, is noble, loveable and a perfect gentleman. Though romance is certainly present, there is a quiet friendship to their relationship that transcends the more shallow attractions found in many plotlines. A theme of guilt, shame, and redemption is woven throughout. A beautifully written, uplifting read, The Bound Heart kept me turning pages as I rushed to find out what lay in store in the next chapter.

Read the first few chapters

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog Anne! Great review! Following you!
    ~Nicki

    bookreviewsforchristianmenandwomen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading, Nicki! :) And for following me. I saw on your blog profile that you're a homeschooled student. I was homeschooled k-12. Fun times. :)

    If you're interested, I have a Facebook author page as well. https://www.facebook.com/annegarboczievans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me on your blog, Anne!!! :)

    ReplyDelete