Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Proposal Week

        The sky was blue, the grass was green, the air had the scent of autumn . . . and my husband had a ring box in his pocket.

        During this week, six years ago, my husband proposed. In honor of that, I'm designating this week proposal week on my blog. I'll be sharing some proposal stories from other writers and then finishing off with my story.

First up is author Jennifer Hallmark who celebrated 32 years of marriage this year.


         We met in August, a blind date set up by Danny’s cousin, Robert and his future wife, Ann. The four of us rode around in nearby Bankhead Forest, then went for ice cream.

          Fast forward to January 9th. Danny had been nervous and absent­minded the entire evening. What was wrong? We now sat in his car in my parent’s driveway, exchanging good night kisses.

                We sat in silence for a few moments, then he said, “Why don’t we get married?”

               I couldn’t think of a reason not to, so I answered, “Okay.” Two weeks later, he purchased an engagement ring and it was official.
       
             Afterward he told me that after that first date, he told his cousin, “that one day he would marry me.”




         Jennifer Hallmark is a writer by nature, artist at heart, and daughter of God by His grace. She loves to read detective fiction from the Golden Age, watch movies like LOTR, and play with her two precious granddaughters. At times, she writes.
       Jennifer and her husband, Danny, have spent their married life in Alabama and have a basset hound, Max.
http://www.jenniferhallmark.com

https://www.facebook.com/authorjenniferhallmark

https://twitter.com/JenHwrites

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Anne. Boy, were we young :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 32 years of marriage, Jennifer! Grandkids are the best, aren't they? No offense to Max... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandkids are great, Tom. Max forgives you...

    ReplyDelete